Who Should Prepare The Fiance Visa Paperwork

There are a number of different ways to complete the paperwork for the K-1 Fiancé Visa or the K-3 Spousal Visa:

Schengen Visa Travel Insurance

· One obvious way is for you to complete the paperwork by yourself

· Another way is to use a service to complete your paperwork

· Or you could hire an attorney to complete the paperwork

Each method has its good points and its bad points.

Completing it by yourself is the least expensive way to file your paperwork. But then again, you are going to spend a fair amount of time doing it by yourself.

There will be a fairly high learning curve, so you are going to be spending even more time learning how to complete the paperwork so you don’t screw it up.

Do It Yourself Fiance Visa Kit:

If you do decide to do the paperwork yourself, it is best to buy one of the “K-1 fiancé kits’ available. You will have complete instructions and all the forms necessary to complete your application.

Using a service is a higher cost than doing it by yourself. However, you aren’t going to invest as much time learning the ins and outs of the visa application process.

However, you are still going to be spending a lot of time getting the supporting documentation together. In fact, this is going to take a lot more time than it will to complete the forms.

A service can fill out the paperwork for you. They know more than you do about fiancé visas. But your the one who is going to be doing all the donkeywork.

The problem with fiancé visa services is that they are not regulated or licensed and you are at their mercy as to their level of competence.

If the service screws up my paperwork, they don’t have any legal liability. They don’t have any risk. “Sorry, better luck next time.”

Foreign visa service companies are the worst choice possible. Not only do they not have any legal liability, they are often ignorant of US law. The regulations that govern the processing of the Fiancé Visa are US law.

Using an attorney is going to be the most expensive process.
You probably are going to spend fifteen hundred to two thousand dollars for an attorney to complete your fiancé visa paperwork.

A service is probably going to be charging you about half of that. But the skill level of an attorney is greater than the skill level of a service. Right?

Maybe? It is if you use an attorney that specializes in immigration law, that uses a software program for preparing the paperwork; if he has a lot of clients emigrating from the CIS countries; and if he is conscientious in the completion of his paperwork and in staying on top of his client’s cases.

That’s a lot of ifs! I used an attorney – an immigration attorney – a nice guy who I personally like a lot. However, I was his first client applying under a fiancé visa who was emigrating from the CIS countries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *